Name: Annabelle Cordingley
What area do you recruit for? Project Management – Contract and Perm positions
What do you love about recruiting for Digital Project Managers? I’ve got a great network of candidates who I love working with; Project Managers are natural problem solvers and great relationship builders and being in the digital sector means I’m working with clients who have requirements for exciting projects.
What major projects have you been involved in recruiting for? I’ve placed Project Managers in major campaigns for a UK airport runway through to internationally recognised FMCG brands, as well as more unique projects for VOD platforms and complex back-end website and app build projects.
Market trends: Project Managers looking for permanent roles are in hot demand and we’ve got loads of exciting perm roles on at the moment so get in touch if you’re free! On the freelance side, it was a little slow to start this year but is certainly picking up now so please reach out if you’re available or due to be soon.
What are your five tips you can give to candidates looking for a role in project management:
- Keep your CV short and concise, as a guide no more than three pages.
- Don’t be shy on detail around relevant positions to the role you are applying for! It’s always good to know as much about your role in a previous project as possible.
- Don’t miss an opportunity because you don’t tick all the boxes in a job spec. A spec is often the ideal candidate and clients might be flexible on some aspects of a role.
- Project Managers transitioning from a permanent position to freelancing – Good time-keeping is really important, a lot of people switch to freelance for flexibility, but bare in mind you still have to keep an open channel of communication with your manager about your hours, especially when interviewing for your next role- they’ll expect you to be looking if your contract is coming to an end so let them know and you can arrange to be out at the best time for everyone.
- Always be wary of your reputation! As a freelancer you move around a lot and London is a very small circuit so it’s important you’re flexible, respectful and excellent communicator – deal with issues in an adult way. Of course- if it’s genuinely terrible get out of there! So long as you have solid reasoning people will
What do you find most interesting about recruitment? Definitely building amazing relationships. My job requires me speaking to people all day, and sometimes the conversations veer from briefing on a role to hearing about their weekends, families and next travel adventure – You really get to know and love your candidates!
What’s your quirkiest obsession? Headstands, knitting and baking, I love the challenge of an improvised ingredient cake! …. And Foxes Extremely Chocolatey Cookies! If you’ve not tried them yet get involved!
Your favourite spot in London? Federation of Coffee in Brixton! They have an amazing Soy Latte and it’s a brilliant spot to people watch.
If you’re free and would like to speak to Annabelle about a role email email@example.com or call on 0203 588 4569